While RSS is still on my mind today, following my post a few hours ago about RSS and marketing, let me tell you about a free program that will enable you to create your own RSS webfeeds if you wanted to try out RSS yourself.
Anyway, check out a rather nice RSS webfeed generator from Dan Bricklin, the co-creator of VisiCalc back in the pioneering days of personal computing.
The RSS program is List Garden, published by Software Garden (“Dan Bricklin’s little company”). What List Garden does is –
- Creates and maintains RSS feeds
- Produces both XML and optional human-readable companion HTML
- Runs either on your PC or on a web server
- Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux
- Open source
- Requires no knowledge of XML or the RSS data format
- Tuned for quick manual additions of new items and simple editing
Excellent help and tutorial. Worth a try if you want to dip your toe in the RSS water.