If you run a blog hosted by TypePad, you’ll be pleased to know that a number of major upgrades to the service were announced yesterday:
- True WYSIWYG rich text editing interface so you can see common text formatting options like bold, italic, underline and strikethrough, as you edit. You still have the choice to use HTML edit mode, as has been your only option until now.
- Sizing and colouring text, with a handy drop-down “web-safe” color palette that includes a history of your most recently selected colours.
- Bulleted and numbered lists. (This one’s my favourite! I’ve been asking them for this for ages. No more manually adding in the HTML codes!)
- Inline preview of images so you can preview how your image will appear in your post right inside the editor.
- Finally – a spell checker!
Other nice enhancements, too, such as being able to enlarge the editing window. Check the announcement for the complete story: Rich Text Editing and Spell Check Come to TypePad.
I’ll continue using my current favourite offline editor and publisher, ecto for Windows. But for doing editing and publishing directly on the TypePad server, online, these are great enhancements.