Show notes for January 24, 2005.
Welcome to our weekly podcast, a 57:25-minute conversation recorded live via Skype from Concord, California, USA, and Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
Download the file here (MP3, 24.9MB), or sign up for the RSS feed to get it and future shows automatically. (For this, you’ll need ipodder, software that lets you subscribe to receive podcasts automatically and sync them to your digital player.)
In this week’s show:
- 00:24 Neville and Shel on what this show’s about
- 02:20 Comments and mail we’ve received about the show
- 06:45 My Blog: Margot Wallström, Commissioner for Communications at the European Commission
- 10:40 Randy’s Journal: Randolph S. Baseler, VP Marketing, Boeing Commercial Airplanes
- 13:55 Email vs. face-to-face
- 17:20 Interview: A conversation with Jay Byrne, President, v-Fluence Interactive Public Relations, Inc
- 37:25 PR monitoring of blogs
- 39:05 Flakgate: Is PR dead, and the role of communication associations in representing the profession
- 48:50 We’ll be podcasting from the New Communications Forum in Napa this week
- 50:05 Show length: Is it too long? Should we split it into two shows? We need your feedback
- 52:10 Upcoming Interview: Bigha
- 52:30 How to give your feedback; about the music and the band
Links for the blogs, companies and organizations we discussed or mentioned in the show:
Short Takes – Jackie Danicki, iPod, Saab 9-3 iPod, BMW iPod, Robert French, Heather Hollick, Windows Media Player, Winamp, Margot Wallström, Vice-President of the European Commission, North Sea Diaries, Jac Nasser, Randolph S. Baseler, VP Marketing, Boeing Commercial Airplanes, Technorati, BlogPulse, Roger D’Aprix, IDC, Siemens, USA Today, Veritas, Google comment spam tag, Microsoft email caller ID.
Features – Jay Byrne, v-Fluence, Monsanto, Johnson & Johnson, Segway, National Cattlemen’s Beef Association, Business Week Tech Beat, Cory Edwards, PubSub, Kryptonite, Ketchum Communications, US Dept of Education, Armstrong Williams, No Child Left Behind, Jay Rosen, Rathergate, Richard Edelman, Jeremy Pepper, Tom Murphy, Elizabeth Albrycht, Mike Manuel, Steve Rubel, Rebecca Blood, PRSA, Council of Public Relations Firms, IABC, IABC Chair blog, Trevor Cook, Linda Zimmer, Cluetrain Manifesto.
If you have comments or questions about this show, or suggestions for our future shows, email us at email@example.com. You can email your comments, questions and suggestions as MP3 file attachments, if you wish (max. 5Mb attachment, please!). We’ll be happy to see how we can include your audio contribution in a show.
One note regarding sound quality of this recording. We noticed some degrading of quality in some parts of the show. We’re not sure what the cause is – whether it’s Skype-related or our recording software – as we haven’t encountered this before. We hope it doesn’t spoil your listening experience.
Until later this week from Napa, California, and then next week’s regular show…
(Cross-posted from For Immediate Release, Shel’s and my podcast blog.)