Content summary: A discussion about IBM’s 2,800 internal blogs – how do they enable collaboration in the workplace?; and a 38-minute conversation with Robert Scoble, Microsoft’s "geek blogger" – on evangelism, anti-marketing, blogging, RSS and reading feeds, email mailing lists, relationships with colleagues, internal blogs at Microsoft, The Red Couch book project, a blogging ombudsman, advice for communicators.
Show notes for March 7, 2005
Welcome to For Immediate Release: The Hobson & Holtz Report, a 62-minute conversation recorded live from Concord, California, USA, and Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
Download the file here (MP3, 25MB), or sign up for the RSS feed to get it and future shows automatically. (For automatic synchronization with your iPod or other digital player, you’ll also need software such as the FeedDemon RSS aggregator, or the free ipodder or DopplerRadio).
In this week’s show:
- 00:34 Shel and Neville on what’s in this week’s show; how to give your feedback; show notes
- 01:24 Comment from the last show
- 05:24 IBM’s 2,800 internal blogs – how they are being used, what they mean for collaborative working and information sharing; what other companies may be doing
- 15:48 Interview: A live conversation with Robert Scoble, Microsoft’s "geek blogger." (Read the complete transcript on the podcast blog.)
- 54:00 Potential format change to this show; next interview: Steve Rubel, Monday March 14; how to give your feedback; show notes; about the music and the band; outro music
Links for the blogs, individuals, companies and organizations we discussed or mentioned in the show:
Short Take – Philippe Borremans, IBM Belgium & Luxembourg, IAOC, IBM, Microsoft, Sun, Kelloggs, Gilbane Group report on blogs and wikis, Intel, Dresdner Kleinwort Wasserstein, Financial Times, Charlene Li, Forrester Research, WordPress, Skype, Skype Journal.
Feature – Robert Scoble, Microsoft, Channel 9, Windows, .NET, Bill Gates, Longhorn, Quicken, Yahoo, Adobe, Photoshop, Avalon 3D, The Economist interview, Steve Rubel, Microsoft Office marketing site, Tablet PC, Waggener Edstrom, Macintosh, Eric Peterson, Jupiter Research, PowerPoint, Scoble link blog, Outlook, NewsGator, Java, Linux, Apple, Visual C#, ActiveWin, National Association of Broadcasters, NEC, SharePoint, Shel Israel, The Red Couch, Wiley, Dan Gillmor, Steve Ballmer.
If you have comments or questions about this show, or suggestions for our future shows, email us at email@example.com. You can email your comments, questions and suggestions as MP3 file attachments, if you wish (max. 5Mb attachment, please!). We’ll be happy to see how we can include your audio contribution in a show.
So, until Thursday, March 10…
(Cross-posted from For Immediate Release, Shel’s and my podcast blog.)