Content summary: Listeners’ comments: on reporting rather than commenting, bulletin boards and blogs, listening on the bus, not listening on the run, fixing a mashup; blogs and communicators in Europe; changing demographics for media; GM’s new podcasts and other podcast developments; open source marketing; IABC; Robert Scoble and time challenges for bloggers; Creative Commons tool from Yahoo.
Show notes for March 24, 2005
Welcome to For Immediate Release: The Hobson & Holtz Report, a 72-minute conversation recorded live from Concord, California, USA, and Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
Download the file here (MP3, 30MB), or sign up for the RSS feed to get it and future shows automatically. (For automatic synchronization with your iPod or other digital player, you’ll also need software such as the FeedDemon RSS aggregator, or the free ipodder or DopplerRadio).
In this week’s show:
- 00:30 Shel and Neville on what’s in this week’s show; how to give your feedback; show notes
- 02:21 Comments from the last show
- 07:55 Are communicators in Europe ready for blogs? Comments to a blog post and a look at changing demographics
- 25:11 General Motors’ new podcasts; the development of podcasting; did GM Vice Chairman Bob Lutz use the GM Fastlane Blog to talk about earnings?
- 44:11 Open source marketing – What does marketing have to do with Linux? Everything, it seems. And Open Sauce Live as well
- 53:21 IABC issues update; the value of IABC; member events provide value
- 61:30 Robert Scoble stops the link blog – one big example of the time challenge for bloggers
- 65:22 New Creative Commons content searching tool from Yahoo
- 65:54 How to give your feedback; show notes; about the music and the band; outro music
Links for the blogs, individuals, companies and organizations we discussed or mentioned in the show:
Intro – Lee Hopkins, Sebastian Keil, Chris Thilk, Hans Kullin, Steve Rubel, Lee Lefever, Jackie Danicki, Ludo Magnocavallo, Tom Abbott, Thomas Pleil, Octavio Rojas, Morgan McLintic, James Cherkoff, Elizabeth Albrycht, Fredrik Wacka, Mike Manuel, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, Online Publishers Association, Online Journalism Review.
Features – General Motors, Pontiac Solstice, Cadillac XLR-V, Michael Wiley, Clay Dean, Jonathan Marks, Dave Winer, Adam Curry, Alexander Graham Bell, Rock & Roll Geek Show, Geek News Central, Daily Source Code, Skype, Audacity, Associations Unorthodox, GM FastLane Blog, Bob Lutz, Debbie Weil, Kevin Dugan, Hass MS&L, James Cherkoff, ChangeThis, Linux, Cluetrain, Johnnie Moore, Corante Brandshift, Open Sauce Live, Constantin Basturea, The New PR Wiki, IABC, Allan Jenkins, Warren Bickford, Robert Holland, EuroComm Networking Summit, Barbara Gibson, IABC International Conference, PRSA, BL Ochman, Toby Ward, Robert Scoble, Pete Shinbach,
If you have comments or questions about this show, or suggestions for our future shows, email us at email@example.com, or call the Comment Line at +1 206 984 0931. You can email your comments, questions and suggestions as MP3 file attachments, if you wish (max. 5Mb attachment, please!). We’ll be happy to see how we can include your audio contribution in a show.
So, until Monday March 28…
(Cross-posted from For Immediate Release, Shel’s and my podcast blog.)