Content summary: Listeners’ comments (employee monitoring and performance; don’t write off podcasting; time-shifted podcasting, cars and home PCs; more on VNRs and responsibility, and audio search; smoking the podcasting dope down under); political scandal in Canada and media muzzling; update your crisis communications plans; Pew’s lost credibility; Macaw Nederland’s employee bloggers; IABC Café launches.
Show notes for April 7, 2005
Welcome to For Immediate Release: The Hobson & Holtz Report, a 71-minute conversation recorded live from Concord, California, USA, and Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
Download the file here (MP3, 30MB), or sign up for the RSS feed to get it and future shows automatically. (For automatic synchronization with your iPod or other digital player, you’ll also need software such as the FeedDemon RSS aggregator, or the free ipodder or DopplerRadio).
In this edition:
- 00:28 Shel and Neville on what’s in this week’s show; how to give your feedback; show notes; interview coming up with James Cherkoff and Johnnie Moore on Tuesday 12 April
- 02:05 Comments from the last show including 6 from the Comment Line
- 35:50 Payola in Canada – the Gomery Commission, media muzzling, US bloggers and bringing down the government.
- 46:44 Crisis communications – why the plan you created a year ago is already out of date
- 53:28 Pew Internet has a crisis of credibility and trust following podcasting stats fiasco
- 56:24 Blogging the workplace – Macaw Nederland at the leading edge
- 60:58 IABC Café – the relaunched IABC Chair blog gets off to a cracking start
- 66:34 Show notes; how to give your feedback; "editor’s note"; about the music and the band; outro music
Links for the blogs, individuals, companies and organizations we discussed or mentioned in the show:
Intro – James Cherkoff, Johnnie Moore, Craig Jolley, Robert French, Podcast Alley, Geek News Central, GM FastLane Blog, Bud Gibson, SXSW, iPod, Skype, Stuart Henshall, Audacity, Josh Hallett, Wired, F1 Magazine, National Geographic, PC World, Dan York, VON, Lee Hopkins, The Doobie Brothers, Lovin’ Spoonful, 10CC, Internet Explorer.
Features – Tudor Williams, Gomery Commission, Canadian Liberal Party, AdScam, Ed Morrissey’s Captain’s Quarters, John Dvorak, Jean Brault, Toronto Star, Michael Napier’s The Blue Maple Leaf, Deep Throat, Watergate, Brian Kilgore, Parti Quebecois, GroupAction, Toronto Sun, Judge Gomery, New Communications Forum 2005, Wendy’s, Technorati search Wendys+finger, Kryptonite bike lock, Eason Jordan, CNN, BigHa lasers, PubSub, Technorati, Intelliseek.
Short Takes – Pew Internet & American Life Project, TechDirt, Fredrik Wacka, Macaw Nederland, Blogger, .ASPNet, Charlene Li, Forrester Research, Intel, IBM, ING, IABC Café, David Kistle, Warren Bickford, Allan Jenkins, Eric Eggertson, O’Dwyer, Jeremy Pepper, BL Ochman, Steve Rubel, Pete Shinbach, Edelman/Intelliseek blog report, Charlene Li blog presentation video, Firefox.
Outro – Judy Gombita, PodcastNYC, DealbreakeR, For Immediate Release, A Shel of My Former Self, NevOn.
If you have comments or questions about this show, or suggestions for our future shows, email us at email@example.com, or call the Comment Line at +1 206 984 0931. You can email your comments, questions and suggestions as MP3 file attachments, if you wish (max. 5Mb attachment, please!). We’ll be happy to see how we can include your audio contribution in a show.
So, until Monday April 11…
(Cross-posted from For Immediate Release, Shel’s and my podcast blog.)