Coming in September – PodcastCon UK, the first conference in Europe dedicated to podcasting.
According to the sign-up wiki today, nearly 50 people have signed up so far. The organizers – Paul Nicholls, Alex Bellinger, Neil Dixon and Adrian Pegg – have done no real publicity yet so this is all word-of-mouth and via blogs. I’m going to be there as a speaker.
The organizers anticipate over 100 participants on the day. These will include most of the UK’s podcasters, podcast listeners, the media (the BBC, The Independent and The Guardian are set to send people, the organizers say, and more media are expected), business and marketing people, bloggers, video bloggers and others with an interest in podcasting.
The speaker and main sessions line-up right now is this:
- Chris Kimber, Head of Radio Interactive, BBC – podcasting from a public broadcaster’s perspective
- James Cridland, Head of Strategic Development, Virgin Radio – podcasting from a commercial broadcaster’s perspective
- Milverton Wallace, Managing Director, Quixa NetMedia – podcasting, blogging and social media
- Richard Vobes, The Richard Vobes Radio Show – developing creative content for your podcast
- Neville Hobson, For Immediate Release – podcasting as a tool for business communications
- Chris Skinner, Simulacrum – a live version of Chris’ legendary Simulacrum podcast
- Paul Nicholls, lawyer and podcaster – podcasting, legal issues and libel
PodcastCon UK takes place on Saturday 17 September at the Berners Hotel, just off Oxford Street in central London. It’s supported by BritCaster.com, the online hub for UK podcasting. There are sponsorship opportunities – if you’re interested, contact Alex Bellinger.