If you have responsibility for internal communication and want to find out how you can use blogs effectively within your organization, you might want to consider participating in a 90-minute webinar on Wednesday 31 August in which I will be one of the speakers.
Blogs and their implications on internal communication – are you ready for that call? will address the following issues:
- Understand what you want to achieve with blogs – internal blogs serve very different purpose than external blogs
- How to address the concerns of managers who may be nervous about legal issues and lack of control
- Understand what a blog is in communication terms – how are they different from other interactive media you may be using?
- Learn and set the rules for blogging: you’ll be the person who is asked to draft the blogging policy – would you know what to write?
- How to get them right from the start and avoid embarrassing and humiliating mistakes
- How to overcome the concerns of your legal department and senior managers
- Understand the legal ramifications of launching a blog and how to establish guidelines so that executives and employees understand what material is off limits
My fellow speakers will be Victoria Mellor, CEO of Melcrum, the publishing and event management company who have organized this online event, and David Berger who manages strategy communications for IBM. David helped create IBM’s blogging point-of-view and employee blogging guidelines. In addition to his work on blogs, wikis and syndication for IBM, he is responsible for communicating IBM’s corporate strategy to their 320,000 employees.
Date : Wednesday 31 August
Time: 2:00pm to 3:30pm US Eastern time
More information and registration here.